What would you like to see in the game?

Questions, opinions or general chatter regarding MR.
.Pixote.

Re: What would you like to see in the game?

Post by .Pixote. »

All excellent ideas - OK boys let's get to work.... :run:

The workers at MR perfer the Scud Missile - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L7ppGGFOyo&NR=1
Ghouly89

Post by Ghouly89 »

Can't. . . resist. . . tempting. . . offers :ugly:
ahhhhhh

Post by ahhhhhh »

Obviously not in this mod, but here's what I want to see. You guys could work on it next- it'd probably be a whole lot simpler...

Fallout: The Road

Just the player and his kid, going from one section of wasteland to the next, almost entirely empty. Occasionally you see a gang in the distance and if you don't run away they probably kill and eat you. All stats insanely low due to constant near-starvation, which can only be held off by occasional thieving. No quests, no skills or perks or anything, but you DO have a powerful handgun. With two bullets.

Mmmm, depressing but poetic.
ardent

Post by ardent »

ahhhhhh wrote:Obviously not in this mod, but here's what I want to see. [...] Just the player and his kid.
All I can say is never say never. :nin:
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

And of course there will be people who want nothing more than to kill and eat you.
ahhhhhh

Post by ahhhhhh »

ardent wrote: All I can say is never say never. :nin:
Cool! If that means what I think it means...

If there is a son in there, I think the public NEEDS the following exhange to take place:

Player: That's his name. (Player name), Junior.

Son: I like (son name)

Player: We named the dog (son name)

Random NPC: YOU ARE NAMED AFTER THE DOG!
Frank

Post by Frank »

ahhhhhh wrote:Obviously not in this mod, but here's what I want to see. You guys could work on it next- it'd probably be a whole lot simpler...

Fallout: The Road

Just the player and his kid, going from one section of wasteland to the next, almost entirely empty. Occasionally you see a gang in the distance and if you don't run away they probably kill and eat you. All stats insanely low due to constant near-starvation, which can only be held off by occasional thieving. No quests, no skills or perks or anything, but you DO have a powerful handgun. With two bullets.

Mmmm, depressing but poetic.
Don't came here to advertise, but you may like what you see in my signature (click on it ;P ).
As for what I want to see in Mutants Rising:

Areas which have to do with water! Be it a lake, a part of the coast ( I don't know where exactly MR will take place on the worldmap, shame on me : o ) or at least some lakes! I am kinda obsessed with waterscapes and everything connected to it and can not pull new artworks etc off on my own mod - that's why I am eager to see which stories and land/waterscapes you guys might pack in. :)

Also, I hope for many Choices&Consequences=multiple playthroughs. ;) Your idea that you eventually want to make an expansion pack is also very good.
ardent

Post by ardent »

Frank wrote:Don't came here to advertise, but you may like what you see in my signature (click on it ;P ).
I've actually been following your blog since the news on NMA. The mod looks really interesting. I also regret that the FOnline engine wasn't available when I started modding :hm: Now I can't be bothered to port all of my individual work into the new engine (way too many scripts to rewrite).
Areas which have to do with water! Be it a lake, a part of the coast ( I don't know where exactly MR will take place on the worldmap, shame on me : o ) or at least some lakes! I am kinda obsessed with waterscapes and everything connected to it and can not pull new artworks etc off on my own mod - that's why I am eager to see which stories and land/waterscapes you guys might pack in. :)
Actually, we're in the middle of Nevada desert, so not much water there. In fact, all we have of waterscapes is a dried out salt lake (not the Great Salt Lake either, mind you).
Also, I hope for many Choices&Consequences=multiple playthroughs. ;) Your idea that you eventually want to make an expansion pack is also very good.
I can guarantee a large number of choices and consequences, some of the latter happening during your playthrough and not only in the endgame screens :D:
.Pixote.

Post by .Pixote. »

ardent wrote:Actually, we're in the middle of Nevada desert, so not much water there. In fact, all we have of waterscapes is a dried out salt lake (not the Great Salt Lake either, mind you).
That reminds me ardent I should built a new batch of ground tiles for the salt flats...
ardent

Post by ardent »

.Pixote. wrote:That reminds me ardent I should built a new batch of ground tiles for the salt flats...
Yup, there's still plenty of work on the art side of the game :smil2: (and even more on the others)
HellRazor

Post by HellRazor »

Hi people , i new here but have been keeping my eye on Mutants Rising for a long time, well i don't know if this is the right place to put this suggestion, so please let me know. My suggestion is to try to put this mod in the big monitor era by made this compatible to high resolutions .I don't mean full hd graphics, i mean full hd resolutions to be allowed to be used, like 1920 X 1080, so we can see a lot more details in the maps without need to scroll mouse. I know this is partially possible with high res patch for F2, but it will be really nice to see this options in the graphics menu. Well good luck fow all you, i will play it in ever way possible!!
ardent

Post by ardent »

HellRazor wrote:Hi people , i new here but have been keeping my eye on Mutants Rising for a long time, well i don't know if this is the right place to put this suggestion, so please let me know. My suggestion is to try to put this mod in the big monitor era by made this compatible to high resolutions .I don't mean full hd graphics, i mean full hd resolutions to be allowed to be used, like 1920 X 1080, so we can see a lot more details in the maps without need to scroll mouse. I know this is partially possible with high res patch for F2, but it will be really nice to see this options in the graphics menu. Well good luck fow all you, i will play it in ever way possible!!
We're not able to hack the game to create additional graphics options in the original menu, but Mutants Rising will be fully compatible with the latest Hi-Res Patch, so no problem playing at 1920x1080.
Whatever

Post by Whatever »

I would like to see:

Skins and meat on Brahmins, maybe even milk.
Possibility to make Leather Armor out of them, maybe even Brahmin Armor Mk II, depending on your Outdoorsman skill.
Possibility to make (better) Leather Armor out of Gecko Skins, both normal and Golden, most likely different from the normal Armor in color (white/silver, and yellow/gold I guess).
Posibility to take poison from a Radscorpion's tail, and use it on a weapon, to boost the damage.
Characters stealing from me.
Characters betraying me.
Characters lying to me.
Many oppportunities to gain little benefits, such as +1 to Armor Class, or Skinning Geckos.
Making unused skills more useful, for example Outdoorsman could give Awareness on animals after 100%.
Removal of gambling, using Luck instead.
Unique items.
New perks.
Quests we woudn't be unable to resolve on a current level(bringing a Gauss to a small town hunter.)
Speaking options tied to abilities, stats, perks and traits.
Many different paths of choice.

That's a long list. But you are true fans, so your game will be good, regardless if my ideas are in it or not.
PS: Sorry for my bad english.
ardent

Post by ardent »

Whatever wrote:I would like to see:
Skins and meat on Brahmins, maybe even milk. - unlikely at best
Possibility to make Leather Armor out of them, maybe even Brahmin Armor Mk II, depending on your Outdoorsman skill. - likewise
Possibility to make (better) Leather Armor out of Gecko Skins, both normal and Golden, most likely different from the normal Armor in color (white/silver, and yellow/gold I guess). - see above
Posibility to take poison from a Radscorpion's tail, and use it on a weapon, to boost the damage. - tried that, didn't work. So no.
Characters stealing from me. - possible
Characters betraying me. - on multiple occasions
Characters lying to me. - pretty often
Many oppportunities to gain little benefits, such as +1 to Armor Class, or Skinning Geckos. - possible
Making unused skills more useful, for example Outdoorsman could give Awareness on animals after 100%. - we're working on that. Some skills will have drastically different uses than normally.
Removal of gambling, using Luck instead. - very unlikely.
Unique items. - implemented
New perks. - unlikely
Quests we woudn't be unable to resolve on a current level - rare, but presently implemented.
Speaking options tied to abilities, stats, perks and traits. - plenty of them
Many different paths of choice. - see above

Sorry for sparse replies, but I don't want to spoil too much. Nonetheless, many thanks for the support and taking an interest in Mutants Rising! :mhmm: We're doing our best to ensure that your patient wait is worth it. :smil2: Cheers and thanks for the props!

BTW, your English is not that bad. :wink:
paddy

Post by paddy »

Thanks for taking any time at all to answer them! Great to see these questions getting answered and I know it builds up my anticipation even more :D
ardent

Post by ardent »

paddy wrote:Thanks for taking any time at all to answer them! Great to see these questions getting answered and I know it builds up my anticipation even more :D
We're always eager to answer questions (unless we can't answer them if we don't want to ruin the surprise(s), or unless it's the question about the release date) :smil2: So if there's anything on your mind, ask away, it's our pleasure.
Whatever

Post by Whatever »

How many different groups can we join?
Will we get benefits for joining one over another?
If we join a hidden group, can someone unmask us?
How big role will karma play?
Will we get another Vault?
Will we get an explanation for the number of guns and stimpacks in the Wasteland?

Oh! I know what iwould like to see! Poisonous NPC, like Joshua Graham was supposed to be in Van Buren. NPC who is useful, but affects most locations in a negative way, most likely stronger than the player. Also a NPC betayer, like Measles was supposed to be in Van Buren. Will we get any NPCs?
Last edited by Whatever on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ardent

Post by ardent »

Whatever wrote:How many different groups can we join?
Several. At least five (but not all in one playthrough). Also, it depends what you consider as a group.
What do you mean exactly? That joining one faction will be less profitable than joining the other? The rewards/disadvantages will be different for each group.
I guess yes. On the other hand, you may also get extra quests/rewards for joining such groups. You may also lose the opportunity to do some other quests if you join a certain faction.
It determines people's reactions and blocks/unlocks several quests. It won't be as important as in F:NV, but it will play a larger role than in F2.
Yes.
Will we get an explanation for the number of guns and stimpacks in the Wasteland?
No. We leave it up to the original devs :lol: But guns will be scarcer (and ammo even more so) in MR, than they were in F1 or F2.
cp

Post by cp »

How many different groups can we join?
1) Some.
2) Yes in some cases, some will cause negative benefits in some areas of the game.
3) Yes if you make errors.
4) Reasonably. Karma will influence many game options,
5) Yes.
6) There are very few guns / stims in fallout MR.

Sorry for the relatively vague answers, but we want some things to be surprises!
Whatever

Post by Whatever »

Also I want to see:
- unusable items, like Mutant Armor.
- changed encounters - if I'm wearing a Power Armor, three bandits should avoid me, and if I'll meet them - run away.
- rational placed cities, not created around an atomic bomb, but created around lake instead.
- many hidden locations, findable only by luck - a family living in forsaken city, scientist who wants to hide from other people, et cetera.
- some merchants paying better for guns, but unaccepting spears and knives. Favoring one kind of good, over another.
- stronger poison, so that poison resistance woudn't be a joke at last.
Cheers.
Also I added an NPC question, could you guys answer?