September 2010 Press Release

Any comments on recent press releases?
cp

September 2010 Press Release

Post by cp »

As the seasons come and go, so does Mutants Rising continue upon its bleak, harsh and somewhat epic journey towards completion. Many men have fallen on this horrendous journey. A few determined souls remain.

The last few weeks have seen a significant amount of progress. The last area of the game (not the last town to be completed - but the last area of the game) has been completed and submitted for testing and a further town has also been revisited, completed and is being tested.

Latest additions include new creatures, many new scenery objects , two new fully talking heads and around 60 new scripts. (roughly - who keeps an exact count?)

In light of recent events, we bring you a little insight into the game in lieu of any art pics....

On a cold night, you happen upon an army base, shrouded in darkness and little movement. It's almost ghost like appearance does nothing to dampen your intrigue over what secrets lie within.

A gruff looking gate guard takes you inside and introduces you to Sergeant Weathers, a bald and grizzled character who heavily favours his left leg. Though he doesn't seem at all pleased to see you... there is a fire in his eyes.

Days of training follow and further days of seemingly pointless tasks. Then, and only then do you gain access to the Brotherhood of Steel.

During your stay, you do many things and meet many new people. There'll be fights...

And maybe some more fights...

But which will yield the best rewards?

Will you escape with your life? Better armour? Some secret new technology found nowhere else? Maybe a new friend or two?

And what of the outsiders living in the slums under the protecting hand of the Brotherhood. Why are they dying all of a sudden?

FInd out these things and much more when oyou play Mutants Rising and enter Cedar City!
2bak

Re: September 2010 Press Release

Post by 2bak »

dude. fuck no. release it right now :run:
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

2bak wrote:dude. fuck no. release it right now :run:
I believe our news update has been met with a welcome dose of enthusiasm :tongue:
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

equilerex .. amazing artwork :0 thx <3
arrrg ... T~T i need my fix of classic fallout action me@wait

edit: b.t.w is the enclave power armor still in-game? it's quite overpowered imo
2bak

Post by 2bak »

Jinx wrote:
I believe our news update has been met with a welcome dose of enthusiasm :tongue:
im so hyped about this. been following you guys from the start, i restrained myself from playing the demo cause i wanted the full experience, but now im about to BUST.

btw theres a typo in the brotherhood guys floater on the last ss - u forgot the "t" in "the" :nin:
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

2bak wrote:
Jinx wrote:
im so hyped about this. been following you guys from the start, i restrained myself from playing the demo cause i wanted the full experience, but now im about to BUST.

btw theres a typo in the brotherhood guys floater on the last ss - u forgot the "t" in "the" :nin:
Actually, I followed MR from very early days as well. The hype got the better of me a year back, so I did the next best thing to play the game; join in on creating it, mwuahahaha :lol:
And don't worry, it's exactly the guys and girls like yourself that we're doing this for, so it will see the light of day... and yes, there's a small part of personal gratification involved :whiu:

The typo has been noticed, but thanks for the feedback :wink:

@ Rufus
Regarding the Enclave power armor; you'll just have to wait and see :wink:
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Jinx wrote: @ Rufus
Regarding the Enclave power armor; you'll just have to wait and see :wink:
im pleased if "something" like this is not available to early in the game.. :boing: grrr, ima done with RP -.-'
( trusting mr'S crew game balancing force power :run: )
AshOfTheWaste

Post by AshOfTheWaste »

I am so looking forward to playing Mutants Rising :) Thank you guys for working on this mod!
cp

Post by cp »

No problem. I hope it lives up to everyone's expectations.
2bak

Post by 2bak »

yo! guys! whata gwaan? how's the project doing?
cp

Post by cp »

Getting there steadily. These things are not completed overnight and my PhD is getting in the way. :lolz:
ahhhhhh

Post by ahhhhhh »

Guys, guys, I created a login just to say this...

If you're advertising an RPG, 'further days of seemingly pointless tasks' doesn't really grab me. You might want to think about rewording that bit for future synopses...

Hope things are going well and not too painfully!
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

'Further days of seemingly pointless tasks' is meant as a tongue-in-cheek reference to the player-characters relation to the quests in the game at this particular point. Y'know: getting bossed around by arrogant BOS superiors that want stuff done and keeps the player character in the dark somewhat because they don't like the question 'why'. It doesn't refer to a bulk of tedious filler and fed-ex quests that won't span out into anything though, it's just a quick look into the possible mindset of a character in said situation.

Note that 'seemingly' is the key word in this line.

And yes, things are going well, although unpaid modding work is always painful :wink:
ahhhhhh

Post by ahhhhhh »

Cool, I was just thinking that from a blurb point of view casual readers might get put off by 'pointless'... 'Mysterious, seemingly arbitrary' might sell it a bit more.

Good luck with it!
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

As none of us have any actual PR training feedback is always appreciated good sir.