No Update for a long time

Any comments on recent press releases?
killgor

No Update for a long time

Post by killgor »

Hello from Germany!
Is this project still alive? Long time no hear.
ardent

Re: No Update for a long time

Post by ardent »

Hi, Killgor,

thanks for dropping by! Despite a long silence, the project is still very much alive. However, our team shrunk to just a handful of regular contributors and all of our powers were concentrated on making the actual game. I don't mean that it justifies such a long period of no news, but I'm guessing we're just kind of lazy in the PR department :whiu:

To give you a rundown of the recent activity - we have a bunch of towns in beta state. So far we've been developing the game going town by town, polishing it up to beta and moving on to the next. We have recently changed the way we do things to a more horizontal approach and are now filling in the major quests in all areas in order to have the game passable from start to finish. Then we'll fill in the remaining quests and interactions in subsequent passes, going from the most important/impactful, to the least important.

At its present state, the mod offers about 12 hours of gameplay (maybe more) and of course has a lot of branching options, locked out quests and what not, so you get quite a different experience playing different characters. If you have any questions about Mutants Rising, feel free to ask, we could use some activity on the public forums :wink:
Alshenso

Post by Alshenso »

Going to just hop on this since I'd rather not bombard the forums with topics. Well! First of all, I love the demo. I also like that you are still doing it, I do have questions though. Companions etc, All fallout games have them was curious if there will be only a few or you're on your own. Upgrades are another thing I was curious about, Well that or weapon mods etc, Mainly just minor questions atm till I can think of more
cp

Post by cp »

There will indeed be options to take companions with you. :-)
ardent

Post by ardent »

cp wrote:There will indeed be options to take companions with you. :-)
Yes, we have a bunch of companions, and we did our best to fashion them after the New Vegas companions - useful in combat, each with their own backstory, questline and development arc, down to the details such as visual hooks and unique speech style. Chris Avellone did a great writeup on designing companions and we were vastly inspired by this text. :smil2:
Fallout 2 companions were a big improvement over the Fallout 1 ones, but we wanted to take it even further. Note however, that MR will still be perfectly playable without companions, for all the lone wolves out there :mhmm:

As for weapon upgrades, we have a bunch of the old ones (such as scoped hunting rifle or a Desert Eagle with doubled magazine capacity), along with a whole bunch of new upgrades. For instance, you'll be able to upgrade your laser rifle not only with a bigger magazine, but also give it greater damage output. There's also a plethora of new weapons, especially in the unarmed, melee and big guns department.
Alshenso

Post by Alshenso »

That sounds great, One of the major hooks for me in new vegas were the companion back stories take Arcade for instance, He looked so simple and everything until you really got into his story, Being vague to avoid spoilers for anyone who's not messed with him. Oh, Was curious if charisma will still limit how many companions you can have or if you'll go with the fonv view of one humanoid and one robot/animal.
ardent

Post by ardent »

Alshenso wrote:That sounds great, One of the major hooks for me in new vegas were the companion back stories take Arcade for instance, He looked so simple and everything until you really got into his story, Being vague to avoid spoilers for anyone who's not messed with him. Oh, Was curious if charisma will still limit how many companions you can have or if you'll go with the fonv view of one humanoid and one robot/animal.
We use the original Fallout 2 system, i.e. Charisma / 2 + 1 if you have the Magnetic Personality perk.
Actually, we also have a new trait that's called "Natural Leader" - it gives you +1 to Charisma and the Magnetic Personality perk, but unless you have at least two followers, you are Jinxed. :smil2:

I'd guess the New Vegas system (1 human companion + 1 robot/animal) was dictated among others by the constraints of pathing, positioning etc. More than two companions would probably be a crowd and cause your party to get stuck in places or get in the way of one another. Note that Mass Effect also has you lead a team of three (you + 2 companions). Isometric games are more forgiving with leading multiple characters, because you have a wider view of the field of battle.
Besides, one-two companions (as opposed to many) makes it easier for developers to design reactivity - if you had, say, 4 companions, each with their own ideas about a given situation, you would spend a lot of time on dialogues between them, or would have to settle for a less reactive game, where not everyone voices their opinions at a given time. A single companion makes any such comments/exchanges more believable, and easier to implement at the same time. In Mass Effect, two companions were often used to act as two sides of your conscience, which was cool :mhmm:
seitur

Post by seitur »

Hey.

Just wanted to give you heads up that there are people still following this mod. I don't even remember for how long I do follow it, it feels like 10 years, I do remember old website (is memory playing with me or were there more than 2 websites or forums total?). I had to create new account because I could not remember my old one.

So thanks for good work for put up there and i am anxiously waiting for release :D:
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

10 years actually might not be that far off. A lot has happened since then, so it's basically just the bones of the project that are the same though :lolz: . We're soldiering on in between real life events. Thanks for the support :mhmm:
ormans

Post by ormans »

Glad to know that the project is still alive :)
(Yeah,i lost my password so had to create a new account). It would be nice if you could write a little-tiny update perhaps...no hurry of course!
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

ormans wrote:Glad to know that the project is still alive :)
(Yeah,i lost my password so had to create a new account). It would be nice if you could write a little-tiny update perhaps...no hurry of course!
We'll give an update when it's more valid to do so. ATM there isn't that much stuff to add, more than 'X numbers until completion done', which means a pretty droll news feed. Inside the group it's exhilirating to see everything move forward, of course, but we try to at least include some kind of cool tidbit when we post for our fans :wink:

Thanks for your continued faith in us, fellow mutant :mhmm:
serwusek

Post by serwusek »

maybe is alive but almost nothing is going on here
skye_sken
Site Admin

Post by skye_sken »

The developer forums are hidden from casual explorations, but we discuss new content and completed features daily. In short, patience - in time you will have your Fallout 2 sequel :wink:
Adolf

Post by Adolf »

News?
skye_sken
Site Admin

Post by skye_sken »

Things are going rather slowly lately, but rest assured, we are nearing completion each day :mhmm: Thank you for your interest.
Adolf

Post by Adolf »

Nice to hear this.
Adolf

Post by Adolf »

New forum. Nice.
pyziroki

Post by pyziroki »

I just wanna say that I check on the project status every month :). I am looking forward to playing it as are all other fallout fans. This will be the one and only English fallout TC. There are 3 others but those are made by Polish and Russian enthusiasts and I believe wont be coming close to the scale of this one. And thank you for all the work you've done!
.Pixote.

Post by .Pixote. »

I wish we could show people the work we're doing, but the team think its better to finish the game and iron out the bugs before we release the game to the public. We are hoping it will be a wonderful addition to the Fallout series, and never fear the game will be released. :mhmm:
pyziroki

Post by pyziroki »

.Pixote. wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:40 pm I wish we could show people the work we're doing, but the team think its better to finish the game and iron out the bugs before we release the game to the public. We are hoping it will be a wonderful addition to the Fallout series, and never fear the game will be released. :mhmm:
Roger that, It will definitely get in the year top mods ;)