Looking For Modders (FO2 Mod Concept).

off topic
Andering J REDDSON

Looking For Modders (FO2 Mod Concept).

Post by Andering J REDDSON »

I have a concept for a mod for FO2’s Milposa Militry Base:
As you will remember, there is a building in the upper right corner of the courtyard outside Milposa. Inside the building I want to install a broken and un-fueled generator and a broken water pump (the generator needs a part, such as the mine excavator chip, fuel cell regulator, mine parts, oil can, etc., AND flamer fuel or firewood; the water pump requires a water chips; BOTH require 6Ø% Repair skill). Between them is a damaged power cable; Repair it (skill level of 6Ø%), and a bubble will appear above your head reading “Hey, I bet I could grow fruit and raise Brahmin here.”
Leave a party member with the following items:
  1. Leather Jacket MkII;
  2. Sharpened Spear;
  3. Sharpened Pole;
  4. Knife, Combat knife, Little Jesus, or Throwing knife;
  5. Sledgehammer
  6. Hunting Rifle, Scoped Hunting Rifle, or Pipe Rifle and at least 2Ø rounds of ammo.
Leave for a week, and a Brahmin pen will appear and 6 rows of 1Ø shrubs (like those from Vault City’s Courtyard, being tended by slaves) which cleverly cover a box (like the one from Modoc’s “Roses’ Bed And Breakfast”); Think New Reno Arms Basement Easter Egg. Every month, the box will regenerate 3ØØ mutated fruit, 3ØØ xander root, and 3ØØ brock flower. Over by the Brahmin pen is a refrigerator; Every month, the refrigerator will regenerate (Brhamin×1ØØ) Meat Jerkys. There is no gate to the Brahmin pens.
Every week that you leave someone there, these will replenish, but for every week you don’t leave someone there one Brahmin and one bush will die off until there is nothing; One month after that, the generator, water pump, and power cable will break, requiring the entire thing to be re-built. (The number of Brahmin will vary over time, from 3 by the end of the first week to around 1Ø by the end of the first month and thereafter.)
Anyone able and interested, please send me a PM.
Thanks.

EDIT: I edited the inventory available every month. Forgot a couple of VERY important things.
Last edited by Andering J REDDSON on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, I am “that” Andering J REDDSON. No, I’m here for business… Not for a fight.

My Fallout Mods Coverpage.
My Fallout Mods Download Page.
My Fallout 2 Mods Coverpage.
My Fallout 2 Mods Download Page.
ardent

Re: Looking For Modders (FO2 Mod Concept).

Post by ardent »

Hey man,
thanks for dropping in. I'm a little too busy to help out, but good luck nonetheless. Out of sheer curiosity - what are *you* doing on this mod? Scripting? Mapping? Writing?
.Pixote.

Post by .Pixote. »

Andering J REDDSON wrote:I have a concept for a mod for FO2’s Milposa Militry Base:
Are you for real, or have I just dropped a tab of acid...your Fort Decker Mod looks insane, not to mention the Milposa Militry Base concept. :run:

ardent

Post by ardent »

Pixote, I think you should ask Altra about it :tongue:
Andering J REDDSON

Ardent,
All I CAN do is inventory modding. :( I wish I could do more, I even downloaded Mapper and tried to make it work (I know it does, I’ve seen the results as a screenshot), but when I tried to use it all I got was a blank screen. (Believe me when I say I’d like to, then I could do all this myself and not have to ask for help.) I have created mods of my own (for Fallout, one for replacement followers, one that puts Tandi in the East Shady Sands, one that puts supplies in the control of Anderash, one that places tons of gear in Hub Downtown merchant’s hands, and for Fallout 2 a couple of New Reno Chop Shop mods, another replacement followers mod, a mod to remove the thieving kids from Den Businesses WITHOUT the child killer trait, and my personal favorite and FIRST mod, one that disables the floor plates in the Enclave Puzzle Room). It’s not a lack of interest, solely a lack of ability. :tears:

.Pixote.,
Yes, I came up with the Fort Decker concept, and yes, AltraWave7 did make it. Shame I haven’t been able to try it out (Windows 7 hates Fallout/FO2, I’m hoping to get my old computer up and running, it used Windows 98). Let me drop him an e-mail to see if I can share it (he’ll probably say yes, but I want to ask first as a courtesy if nothing else- AltraWave, if you can see this, I’m not just cool with you sharing it I’d like you to). I also came up with a Temple Of Trials and New Reno Chop Shop mod “concepts” but haven’t been able to make them work. I did, however, come up with several mods of my own (see above).
Yes, I am “that” Andering J REDDSON. No, I’m here for business… Not for a fight.

cp

Post by cp »

I wish I could do more
It’s not a lack of interest, solely a lack of ability
When I got into fallout modding I knew precisely zero - fast forward six years and I'm heading up a team and have self taught programming. All it takes is the will, effort and interest. If you are interested in modding, download the tutorials and just dive right in!

Practically everyone on the modding forums has had an idea for a mod. Only a few actually follow it through though.
ardent

Post by ardent »

Chris is right - if you want to do something, do it. Scripting or mapping isn't that difficult and Fallout-related forums have plenty of info on how to make the game and the mapper work on Vista, Win7 or Win8. :mhmm:
cp

Post by cp »

how to make the game and the mapper work on Vista, Win7 or Win8
I've run fallout on 98, xp and windows 7 and windows 7 has given me the least issues of them all!
Andering J REDDSON

cp wrote:I've run fallout on 98, xp and windows 7 and windows 7 has given me the least issues of them all!
¿Can I ask how? Because for me it’s a fuᵶᵶy screen, then it crashes.

cp

Post by cp »

¿Can I ask how? Because for me it’s a fuᵶᵶy screen, then it crashes.
On windows 7 - I just installed it as you normally would in the default folder and it worked fine. I use sfall + hi res patch as well or the game looks horrid on 23 inch screen. Other than that I didn't do anything out of the ordinary.
ardent

Post by ardent »

Sfall is what makes the game go on Win7, AFAIK. :mhmm:
AltraWave7

Post by AltraWave7 »

I've not seen that map in a while. :whiu:

Altra
"Working To Build A Better Wasteland!"
Andering J REDDSON

AltraWave7 wrote:I've not seen that map in a while. :whiu:

Altra
Hey, I’ll send it back to you… I was gonna upload a copy to my fallout 2 list anyways, I can do both pretty much at the same time…

Andering J REDDSON

For all who care (and a few who don’t),
Here’s a link to the Fort Decker mod: http://attachments.wetpaintserv.us/pzFi ... t9cFw34391
And to be clear- AstralWave7 built it. I only conceived the idea, he did the real work. A toast To AstralWave :vodka:

Andering J REDDSON

Ok, so I had to edit the first post (I forgot a couple of VERY important things) AND…
I got to thinking about something; Every so often, random a random spore plant takes root. It will initiate combat absolutely immediately upon your return, yet seem to ignore the farmer (the follower you left behind) IF the farmer ignores it. If you don’t kill it right away, every 2½ days another one will take root. (Now, if you’re going for something, like raising spore plants for no sensible reason, then this is a great idea. If you’re not, and no reasonably intelligent person does, then of course, you’re gonna massacre them all right away.)

EDIT: Except perhaps Seymour’s cousin. If Seymour’s spore managed to get out, well, then you’ll know an won’t “have” to attack him. In fact, he’ll offer to kill off any other spore plants that take root IF you spare his life.

skye_sken
Site Admin

Post by skye_sken »

Wtf is this thread :ugly: