Alive?

Questions, opinions or general chatter regarding MR.
Alf Pacino

Alive?

Post by Alf Pacino »

It's been 2 years since your last dev-blog.. is the project still alive?
cp

Re: Alive?

Post by cp »

Yeah - alive and kicking. (and screaming and crying - :lolz: )

But yes - still very much alive.
skye_sken
Site Admin

Post by skye_sken »

What Chris said :mhmm:

Concerning writing, we've got only one big location to do, with a few smaller ones in between. Dialogue-wise everything is looking great, but scripting remains an issue, so it looks like after dialogues are complete we'll need to take up on scripting to ease our sole scripter's (ardent) workload and actually finish Mutants Rising. It's looking more finished now than it's ever been, at least to me, so I'm very optimistic. We've got a small, solid team going on for the project, with the occasional 'outside' contributor popping in to realize yet undone content.

Thanks for the interest, and keep checking for updates!
ardent

Post by ardent »

Yeah, I admit, updates have been vastly neglected :nin: But that's probably because the team's left at about 4-6 regulars, and everybody has jobs, girlfriends, families, and other projects going on (even more so as we get older and "responsible"), so generating PR for a mod that's been under development for 10+ years doesn't really seem like a worthwhile pastime (contrary to generating actual playable content for this mod :ugly: ).

We'll be more than happy to provide details and info on the project if you ask us questions, but updates are to be expected only when we reach a major milestone (such as, the game being passable from start to finish or some such).
Of course the answer to "when does it ship?" is "when it's ready". :smil2:
Alf Pacino

Post by Alf Pacino »

Thank god you're still working on this :D. My hopes were getting vanquished by dispair. I'm waiting this proyect since 2006 and can't wait to try it. Right now i'm working as a mapper/ writter in project van buren, that is probably not much for you guys, but i'd be happy to help you in any way i can. Thank you once again for making this, and good luck.
killgor

Post by killgor »

Can You say how big the game will be, including sidequests, in hours?
cp

Post by cp »

Not really. I played through the first four towns a few weeks ago and scoured the area and it took about 5-6 hours easily. (and I know where to go and what to do as well)

Loosely it will be larger than F1 and probably a bit smaller than F2.
Alf Pacino

Post by Alf Pacino »

cp wrote:
Not really. I played through the first four towns a few weeks ago and scoured the area and it took about 5-6 hours easily. (and I know where to go and what to do as well)

Loosely it will be larger than F1 and probably a bit smaller than F2.
I'm going to cry of joy, I Never expected something THAT big :ugly: :whoa: :run:
qfas

Post by qfas »

Have the bars on "mod progress" gone up? I haven't check them in long time :).

Of course I don't want to rush you in any way, take your time finishing the mod.

Cheers!
skye_sken
Site Admin

Post by skye_sken »

Not in some time. That doesn't mean, however, that no progress was made - just that no one bothered to update the page! According to ardent, the writing is now at 84%. Scripting is probably at 48% most, since we still have a couple of entire cities to script. The plan is to get dialogues to 100%, then drop everything else and script the rest in a few weeks of crazy collective labor camp. I learned scripting just to finish this damn project, so if everyone else happens to die or disappear mysteriously, I'll either be there to finish it or burn out in the process :ugly:
Orzie

Post by Orzie »

That's actually quite good news.
cp

Post by cp »

That's actually quite good news.
ormans

Post by ormans »

I'm alive, so i'm glad that you guys are alive too!!!!
HellRazor

Post by HellRazor »

Cant believe that! i love Futurama doctors phrase but i come here to know about the mod, made my day!! love your work guys cant wait for this, waiting since Fallout 2!
cp

Post by cp »

Cant believe that! i love Futurama doctors phrase but i come here to know about the mod, made my day!! love your work guys cant wait for this, waiting since Fallout 2
I can't wait to play it - and I've worked on it! :lolz: