Which mod tools do you us ?

Questions, opinions or general chatter regarding MR.
ValeriYo

Which mod tools do you us ?

Post by ValeriYo »

Hey Mutants Rising Team,
I already following your great mod since more then 2 years and was happy since the demo was released.
I know it will take another time to finish it and aslong it keeps good like the demo was, I dont have any problem with it.
As I was playing this mod, there was new Items like new Models, I think it was the child girl, which you created.

Which mod tools do you guys use ?
I wanted to do something like that, just for fun,but on the official Fallout sites I only get editor, which edit the character or items.a
I thought there was a G.E.CK. like for F3 and FNV, but I simply didnt found something.
Would be great when you guys send my some links for a beginner ^^

Anyway, keep up the great work and I cant wait when it will released.
Jinx

Re: Which mod tools do you us ?

Post by Jinx »

Thanks for the interest and glad that you liked the demo!
Regarding the child critter, yes, it's not an 'original FO2' model. It was first used in another mod, 'Shattered Destiny' by Lexx, so it's not MR specific either tbh :wink:

As for the tools, there aren't really any tools other than the editor. To MOD Fallout 1 and 2 you need to get down and dirty with the engine itself, which is pretty daunting work and a big reason that scripting the game takes so much time and work.
As I'm just a lowly writer, I'm not very reliable for modding tips and such, but you could check with the people on No Mutants Allowed, and the articles that should still be on The Vault Wiki, if you're interested to start modding the game. But be prepared for a lot of work :whiu:

All the best and happy holidays, from your fellow mutants at MR :mhmm: