Places to go

Questions, opinions or general chatter regarding MR.
Skorn

Places to go

Post by Skorn »

Hey MR people, I had a few questions for ya, hope you'll answer at least some of them:

How many location we're going to see in the final stage of the game? As much in Fallout/Fallout 2 or some number in between? More? I doubt there will be less.

Apart from Elko have you guys revealed any other city/location (few words about Wendover maybe:)? Will there be traditionally another ghoul town like in previous fallout games (FO - Necropolis, FO2 - Gecko, FT - Kansas City, VB - Reservation...)? And what about Vaults, will there be any for pcs to explore (already opened or sealed)? And some other pre-war high-tek areas (like Glow, Sierra Army Depot etc)?

And now one important question: apart from Vegas, how much Wasteland influence can we expect to see in your mod? Much? Way too much? :::D:

I know you guys are probably busy as hell, but seeing that the % counter is almost there, I couldn't restrain myself from asking with all these (and many other) questions swarming in my head :roll: =))

...because hope dies last...
Equilerex
Site Admin

Re: Places to go

Post by Equilerex »

loads of interesting questions! :smirk:
im not really the correct person to answer this so perhaps some of the writers will tell you someting once they crawl out from their caves ^^
but we sure have quite a few towns to discover and mr dude is making sure theres enough wastland influence :smirk:
cp

Post by cp »

How many location we're going to see in the final stage of the game? As much in Fallout/Fallout 2 or some number in between? More? I doubt there will be less.
There is around 10 towns and numerous smaller locations. I won't name them as I don't want to ruin everything. :D:
Apart from Elko have you guys revealed any other city/location (few words about Wendover maybe:)? Will there be traditionally another ghoul town like in previous fallout games (FO - Necropolis, FO2 - Gecko, FT - Kansas City, VB - Reservation...)? And what about Vaults, will there be any for pcs to explore (already opened or sealed)? And some other pre-war high-tek areas (like Glow, Sierra Army Depot etc)?
We have revealed some. Whatr exactly I can't remember. Itr's been a while!

There is a ghoul / normal people town. yes, there are vaults and yes there is a pre war facility like sierra.
And now one important question: apart from Vegas, how much Wasteland influence can we expect to see in your mod? Much? Way too much?
I have no idea. Never played wasteland. Dude101 is in charge of adding in things from wasteland.

Didn't notice the percent thing was baack. Thanks equilerex.
Dude101

Post by Dude101 »

Skorn wrote:And now one important question: apart from Vegas, how much Wasteland influence can we expect to see in your mod? Much? Way too much? :::D:
Vegas is the only Wasteland influenced area in the game. When I was putting a vision of the town together, I pulled from our design docs, wasteland, and some FO P&P docs and put it all together.

Skorn, if you still want in send me an application. I think we could use idea men right now, and maybe we could have you write some stuff into existing areas.
Skorn

Post by Skorn »

Of course I'm interested. What my application should be consisted of? I'm asking just in case, although I've got little something that might give you a good hint about my overall "falloutishness"...

...because hope dies last...
Dude101

Post by Dude101 »

Skorn wrote:Of course I'm interested. What my application should be consisted of? I'm asking just in case, although I've got little something that might give you a good hint about my overall "falloutishness"...
I don't really mind TBH, I just want to see if you can write. I am sure you understand node based dialogue already. We will need you to spend some time practising FMF after you get in. Just link me something.
Wüstenwanderer MERL

Post by Wüstenwanderer MERL »

Many big Vaults would be great :D: (I found the Vaults in F1,2,3 mostly disappointing - 1000 People in that little number of rooms?! OKAY, 1000 Rooms and People per Vault would be maybe more than in the whole Original Games :heh: )

But Joke aside, explorabel places were RadX/RadAway are absolutly important to suvive more than a few seconds would be magnific - I mean it plays in a postnuclear-World! More radiation, radiationsickness, and very radiated places, scenic and quit cool places like the Glow, maybe?
(The music and setting was absolutly great, gave me almost the chills)
In there for example "some" lootable equipment (hasn`t be too strong) and a few logs and artifacts that report of the people living, fighting, dying there.
They doesnt even have to be quest-related (just for the feeling/background), mabe logs of nurses&doctors / policemen &-women and their attempts (try to heal & minimize suffering/figthing looters & preservate law and order and so on) after the first impact - which tells with every log more about the helplessness - and maybe the pointlessness/partial success of those attempts)

Oh and maybe some stores and Markets, spread like caravan routes between the main citys and villages
For an occurrence to become an adventure, it is necessary and sufficient for one to recount it.
(Jean Paul Sartre)

Hubba Hubba Zoot Zoot !
(CARAMBA)