What would you like to see in the game?

Questions, opinions or general chatter regarding MR.
ardent

Re: What would you like to see in the game?

Post by ardent »

Whatever wrote:Also I want to see:
- unusable items, like Mutant Armor.
What's the point of that?
- changed encounters - if I'm wearing a Power Armor, three bandits should avoid me, and if I'll meet them - run away.
Encounters will be overhauled to fit the MR world.
- rational placed cities, not created around an atomic bomb, but created around lake instead.
All cities have logical reasons to be where they are.
- many hidden locations, findable only by luck - a family living in forsaken city, scientist who wants to hide from other people, et cetera.
Many locations are only possible to find if you get info about them beforehand. There was supposed to be a whole city found in a random encounter but it was cut a long time ago due to time constrains and other problems.
- some merchants paying better for guns, but unaccepting spears and knives. Favoring one kind of good, over another.
Unlikely. This needs serious sfall hackery and we're not really experienced in this field. Besides, we'd have to redesign important parts of certain areas.
- stronger poison, so that poison resistance woudn't be a joke at last.
We intend to make the poison more dangerous.
Also I added an NPC question, could you guys answer?
NPCs are still being fleshed out. We can't promise anything at the moment except for companion NPCs being present in MR. However, they will be more sophisticated than F2 companions.
Whatever

Post by Whatever »

ardent wrote: What's the point of that?
It would give the player a feeling that not everything for the game is for him, and that everythig could function without him I guess.
ardent wrote: Encounters will be overhauled to fit the MR world.
I meant some way of making the bandits say "Power Armor? No wai!", and running away, instead of treathening me like I wear Leather and have a knife. Or at least making their numbers higher on higher player level.
ardent

Post by ardent »

Whatever wrote:It would give the player a feeling that not everything for the game is for him, and that everythig could function without him I guess.
Anyway, this is a minor thing. I don't really know if we have anything like that, sorry :scratch:
I meant some way of making the bandits say "Power Armor? No wai!", and running away, instead of treathening me like I wear Leather and have a knife. Or at least making their numbers higher on higher player level.
Random encounters will be edited at the very end of development. We'll see what we can do. But there won't be a leveling system, like in Oblivion/F3/F:NV. NMA goers would skin us alive. :lol:
GuardianOfTheWastes

Post by GuardianOfTheWastes »

I think the best possible thing that would be small, but a lot of people would really love is if there was an wearable suit complete with a fedora. You see it so much in the game, and yet you can't get one. It should be a very rare item, so that they aren't everywhere like leather jackets, but so that there are enough for companions. That alone would make MR better than FO2. Sort of anyway...
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

GuardianOfTheWastes wrote:I think the best possible thing that would be small, but a lot of people would really love is if there was an wearable suit complete with a fedora. You see it so much in the game, and yet you can't get one. It should be a very rare item, so that they aren't everywhere like leather jackets, but so that there are enough for companions. That alone would make MR better than FO2. Sort of anyway...
An amusing and interesting idea, however the time and effort it would take to add a suit and fedora to the PC critter as well as any possible companion critters is hurting my brain ATM :nin:
Whatever

Post by Whatever »

Maybe a cowboy showdown option in some bar? Would be nice.
superboyy

Post by superboyy »

Two things i always missed in fallout games: more non lethal fighting (like in F2 the guy in a bar in NCR who picks a fight with you and then surrenders after he takes a few hits) and fear/respect attribute next to karma. You would gain fear by killing a lot of enemies at once, killing really tough enemies, doing though quests, wearing power armor and awesome weapons, etc. I was always kinda sad when i just wiped out the entire mutant army single handedly, yet would have to endure disrespect from trash i could kill in 2 seconds.

As the non lethal fighting goes, id love to be a character that trash talks, threatens everyone and slaps them around when they disrespect me without having to kill them. Or being able to kill the entire gang of raiders and have the leader surrender (then i could either execute him or make him a slave companion).
ardent

Post by ardent »

Whatever wrote:Maybe a cowboy showdown option in some bar? Would be nice.
We have something kinda like it - under certain conditions, of course.
superboyy wrote:As the non lethal fighting goes, id love to be a character that trash talks, threatens everyone and slaps them around when they disrespect me without having to kill them. Or being able to kill the entire gang of raiders and have the leader surrender (then i could either execute him or make him a slave companion).
Non-lethal fighting - well, it's tough to implement in a large number of NPCs. It's perfectly feasible for single quests and characters though. However, I can't promise anything presently - we're very far into the design phase, not many things will change now, otherwise we'll never get this game done. As for talking trash and being an asshole, it all depends on the writers. With the more important NPCs, you have options to act a tough guy (and sometimes get away with it), be a nice, polite person, or a cynic, or whatever strikes our guys' fancy. But it'd be extremely time consuming to implement such diverse options to every interaction, especially if they don't lead to differing outcomes.
Personally, I like the slave CNPC idea very much - could make for some interesting role-playing arcs and stuff.
superboyy

Post by superboyy »

Maybe like a flag in NPCs that when their HP drops below 10% they surrender and give you money, items or information for their life. And if the enemy is really evil they would regroup with a bigger gang and come after you in a random map encounter (like the Morton brothers), or they would change their ways. Maybe they would retreat from the combat if there are other willing fighters on their team, but once they would all be under 10% they would all surrender (instead of initiating combat and running away when you get close).

Maybe there could be other slavers around the wasteland like in fallout 2 and you could then "unload" your slaves for some money (depending on the NPCs attributes). Maybe even a "civilized" place like Vault city with their "servants". Well in any case its a thought for the future. I cant wait for this mod to come out.

BTW i havent noticed any option to donate. I would love to support you guys. Im sure a lot of fallout fans would also :)
ardent

Post by ardent »

superboyy wrote:Maybe like a flag in NPCs that when their HP drops below 10% they surrender and give you money, items or information for their life. And if the enemy is really evil they would regroup with a bigger gang and come after you in a random map encounter (like the Morton brothers), or they would change their ways. Maybe they would retreat from the combat if there are other willing fighters on their team, but once they would all be under 10% they would all surrender (instead of initiating combat and running away when you get close).
That's not a flag, that's a whole lot of scripting! And that's why it's so difficult to implement on a large scale - you'd have to add plenty of code to the majority of NPCs in the game.
BTW i havent noticed any option to donate. I would love to support you guys. Im sure a lot of fallout fans would also :)
Thank you for the offer, but we can't make any money on this project - Bethesda would sue our asses to death. :dead:
Lexx

Post by Lexx »

Donations isn't the same as "making money from the project." As example, the donations could be to the team, not the game. Besides, as long as you don't sell the game (donations isn't selling), nothing will happen.

Proof: FOnline 2238 is getting Donations since 2+ years and so far nothing happened.
Stampedo

Post by Stampedo »

Suddenly:

Lexx

Post by Lexx »

Well, you will not become rich with donations for a sp mod, imo. I think it would be a good value already if you get 5 euro or so per month. And then the next question is: Who is going to get that money? :>
cp

Post by cp »

If nothing else... it would pay for the hosting of the website. :run:
superboyy

Post by superboyy »

id like to see this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7J6dRkJjOI

intimidation is great :D
Equilerex
Site Admin

Post by Equilerex »

cp wrote:If nothing else... it would pay for the hosting of the website. :run:
eh, domain's $10 a year and im sharing hosting with my own websites anyways so its not really worth the effort.
Cant also imagine any other kind of use of donations for a project like this so i think we'll be fine without. :ugly:
.Pixote.

Post by .Pixote. »

Equilerex wrote:Cant also imagine any other kind of use of donations for a project like this so i think we'll be fine without. :ugly:
Ardent and yourself might need beer money when you get together. :vodka: :whiu:
Drobovik

Post by Drobovik »

Cheers to brewski for Ardent, Chris Parks and the TEAM :smirk:
Kargan3033

Post by Kargan3033 »

Hello everyone, I have to say this sounds really intresting.

All I can do is make some sugestions as to what I'd like to see in MR.

War, War never changes....
That's right how about wars between citie states, villages and what not say for a large spring fed lake of fresh clean water, plan old racisim and or sexism, wars between human Mutants(not just super mutants), The Enclave(come on they were bad ass) or some other left over pre war goverment/milltary faction, robots and or cyborgs(could be the survivours of a damaged vault in the case of cyborgs) in the case of robots a vault computer went insano and killed/enslaved the humans to create more robots to take over the world/exsterminate the humans/mutants and so on(Ok who was the smart ass that uploaded The Terminator moives to the vault computer).

Or a untouched Vault in which it's people died old age, starvation disease(Heh heh!) or an intacted prewar miltary base/weapons/miltary vehicle factory, or something that could change the blance of power in the region.

Crime wars between *familes*(like in FO2) over drugs/slaves/booze/gambling and or all of them

Also with the wars the sides(however many there are in the war)could also be taking over smaller villages for resoruces/slaves/cannon fodder and the villages in question beg the player to save them with will also earn him the anger of the faction he stopped as well as a bounty on his head as well as offers of safety/employment by the enemies of the faction he stopped.

Bands of slavers/raiders/bikers and other asorted wasteland vermin, fight each other or atempting to take over a small town or city.

Male slavers and killer amazons going at it or hunting for more slaves, but you could also have the player have no violent dealings with such sexist groups in order to solve a question such as getting an item for say the dykes if a male player to save a small village and have to put up with the hate from the dykes as well as being treated like shit/ripped off and so on)

Which could led the player to joining the male slavers and rading the amazons for revenges/slave/money which could also tie into a war between the male slavers and female slavers that will rage across the land or act as a trigger for such a war.

Also I noticed in FO2 that as the game went on villages and small time settlements in counters began to spring up from time to time and I was thinking that *seeding* the lands with such *Seeds* could lead to small random villages and towns that could grow into large villages which will only have a few services at the start such as a small poor trading post that grows larger and gets better items/weapons as time goes on as well as getting more items/weapons and growing larger each time the player sells a weapon or peice of armor.
ardent

Post by ardent »

Hey, thanks for dropping in. I would say - the total of your proposals sounds like material for a large Fallout Tactics mod, but let's go through it anyway:
Kargan3033 wrote:War, War never changes....
That's right how about wars between citie states, villages and what not say for a large spring fed lake of fresh clean water, plan old racisim and or sexism, wars between human Mutants(not just super mutants), The Enclave(come on they were bad ass) or some other left over pre war goverment/milltary faction, robots and or cyborgs(could be the survivours of a damaged vault in the case of cyborgs) in the case of robots a vault computer went insano and killed/enslaved the humans to create more robots to take over the world/exsterminate the humans/mutants and so on(Ok who was the smart ass that uploaded The Terminator moives to the vault computer).
On top of the regular racism/sexism (both present in MR), there will be some fighting between the humans and the supermutants. No Enclave though - they're still a mess after what the Chosen One did to them.
Or a untouched Vault in which it's people died old age, starvation disease(Heh heh!) or an intacted prewar miltary base/weapons/miltary vehicle factory, or something that could change the blance of power in the region.
There is a version of this.
Crime wars between *familes*(like in FO2) over drugs/slaves/booze/gambling and or all of them
Check.
Also with the wars the sides(however many there are in the war)could also be taking over smaller villages for resoruces/slaves/cannon fodder and the villages in question beg the player to save them with will also earn him the anger of the faction he stopped as well as a bounty on his head as well as offers of safety/employment by the enemies of the faction he stopped.

Bands of slavers/raiders/bikers and other asorted wasteland vermin, fight each other or atempting to take over a small town or city.

Male slavers and killer amazons going at it or hunting for more slaves, but you could also have the player have no violent dealings with such sexist groups in order to solve a question such as getting an item for say the dykes if a male player to save a small village and have to put up with the hate from the dykes as well as being treated like shit/ripped off and so on)

Which could led the player to joining the male slavers and rading the amazons for revenges/slave/money which could also tie into a war between the male slavers and female slavers that will rage across the land or act as a trigger for such a war.
This is Tactics material, definitely. Every single proposal from the list could make for a whole townload of quests and NPCs, so doing all of it would probably take like 20 years. Anyway, we have all the designs more or less frozen already, so I can only tell you that there will be a lot of wasteland vermin to deal with, and joining one group will have repercussions elsewhere.
Also I noticed in FO2 that as the game went on villages and small time settlements in counters began to spring up from time to time and I was thinking that *seeding* the lands with such *Seeds* could lead to small random villages and towns that could grow into large villages which will only have a few services at the start such as a small poor trading post that grows larger and gets better items/weapons as time goes on as well as getting more items/weapons and growing larger each time the player sells a weapon or peice of armor.
A bit too complex for a mod like this. Sorry.