What would you like to see in the game?

Questions, opinions or general chatter regarding MR.
Jinx

Re: What would you like to see in the game?

Post by Jinx »

Awesome :mhmm:
ardent

Post by ardent »

MaNiaC [SPeC] wrote:Many thanks for answers.
Thanks for asking :smirk:
Jinx wrote:
When the protagonist want to shoot from a machine gun to a supermutant and miss, and in the answer the supermutant does too most and miss. At begin it was funny amuses, but in due course starts to irritate. In view of chance of hit 95 % has the strange tendency to miss and get to everybody, except the necessary purpose.
I actually remember encountering this a lot during my early plays of both FO1 and FO2; you would miss an enemy despite having 95% hit chance (not a problem though as the 5% miss chance remained, so you would naturally miss sometimes) but then the enemy would miss upon retaliating, and then you would miss AGAIN, and it all went on for a ridicolous amount of turns. Haven't thought about it lately, as it seems to have been fixed early on in the official versions of the game. Unless this is a problem specifically remaining in the local version of your game I doubt it will be a problem when playing MR though (that said; I'm a writer, not a scripter, so maybe some of the other guys here has some more insight).
Funny. Never had any such problems. But I don't think we'd be able to fix this bug, if it's still in. This would require some serious hacking, which none of us (2) scripters is capable of (well, don't know about CP, but I know I'm not :hm: )
Jinx wrote:As for the AI of creatures in MR I'm fairly certain that the scripters are holding on to the original AI with some changes (once more, I don't know how taxing the script-process of building combat AI is; I just take care of the profanity they spout when getting hit :wink: )
I have a slight idea of how AI editing is done, but can't promise anything here for now. I'd like to improve on some stuff, such as enemies not attacking with ranged weapons when they have them, etc.
Jinx wrote:Variation in enemy statistic is always something I personally want to see, in order to keep the player on his/her toes. I guess it wouldn't be that much of a hassle doing this, but I only joined a month or so ago, so the other guys would need to answer this.
That's easy to do, just a little bit time consuming. I'll bring the subject up when we're ready for it.
MaNiaC [SPeC] wrote:Small question. A slave-trade, prostitution, sex, a floor-mat and cruelty... in MR?
YES! :D:
MaNiaC [SPeC] wrote:Once again thanks for your spent time in analysis of my scribble 8)
It's a pleasure. Thanks for taking your time and writing it!
Nextmastermind

Post by Nextmastermind »

I'd like to see a lot of Fat Freddy. :P
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

Nextmastermind wrote:I'd like to see a lot of Fat Freddy. :P
Technically you don't have a choice; he is, after all, quite fat :tongue:
Dude101

Post by Dude101 »

He also has a unique critter thanks to our friend Josan, but we are still waiting on his talking head.
akulavolk

Post by akulavolk »

I hope it is not too late... :run:

I would like to see weapons/ armor/ items, etc. that do different things. Example: In FO2. There were a lot of weapons, but eventually most became obsolete very fast. And you got access to the best weapons, pulse rifle, gauss rifle; very early in the game. The better the weapon, the harder it is to use, and the more expensive/ rare the ammo. Also, could some weapons for example, only cause blindness, or break a leg, or an arm, or only destroy the enemies weapon. Also have different armors protect against different things, make it possible to build armors, ex, get 3 different armors and take the best attributes and make a special armor.

Also, please do not make items repairable, only upgradeable.

If there is slavery in the game, or where a person just needs to be knocked out, please make it easier or a special weapon; because in FO2, it was almost impossible without killing the potential slave.

Please allow players to have access to all items in the game, eventually. I really would have liked Horrigans weapons and armor ( I know there is a mod for his armor)

Please make interesting and useful perks. In FO2 there were a lot of HtoH perks, that you never really used, or lightstep, and there was 1 or 2 places you used it and that was it for the entire game.

Just some ideas I'm throwing out. If any are good, then I hope to see them in the mod. Speaking of which, when and how will it be available. The site says you are close to completion, but it still says 88%.....
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

Regarding weapons and armor: we're striving for a more balanced gameplay where 'badass' weapons are harder to come by, and are certainly late-game additions. Really powerful weapons are going to have a more limited supply of ammo floating around. When it comes to the matter of weapons only doing specific things (or in addition to damage) such as blindness, cripple, destroy enemy weapons etc., it's a pretty big scripting undertaking as there isn't really any 'blueprints' for these kind of things (at least to my knowledge, though I'm a writer not a scripter :scratch: ).
Actually, armor already gives the character resistance against different effects in FO:1 and FO:2 (example: metal armor has a lower defense than leather armor, but it protects better against JHP and so on.)

To my knowledge there won't be any need of repairing weapons, although upgrades are being discussed (think FO:2 style of upgrading weapons).

We are also trying to make every style of gameplay interesting and challenging, wether your going at it combat-style or prefer more of a diplomatic approach to problems/quests.

Sorry that I can't give any more info on your other questions, but your wishes have been noted.

Regarding the 88%: As has been mentioned earlier the last part is mostly scripting, so the progress bar hasn't risen anymore because, well, scripting takes a lot of time when there's only a handful of dedicated people doing it whilst still juggling with real life. But not to fear, it will be done, and as soon as we can set an exact release date with the confidence and 100% assurance that it'll be ready, it will be given :smil2:
ardent

Post by ardent »

Thanks to Jinx for a neat answer, now from a scripter's point of view:
akulavolk wrote:Please allow players to have access to all items in the game, eventually. I really would have liked Horrigans weapons and armor ( I know there is a mod for his armor)
No Horrigan in MR.
Please make interesting and useful perks. In FO2 there were a lot of HtoH perks, that you never really used, or lightstep, and there was 1 or 2 places you used it and that was it for the entire game.
We're striving for the game to require a more frequent use of the less employed perks, such as traps. Therefore, Lightstep and other rare perks will be more useful. Also, HtH will be pretty important as guns are more scarce in MR, than they were in F2.
The site says you are close to completion, but it still says 88%.....
Yeah, well, the last 12% is pretty long and painful. Please, be patient. We definitely will release the finished game :smirk:
akulavolk

Post by akulavolk »

Thanks all for the fast responses.
A few more ideas... (using fo2 as my reference)
In New Reno, you could become a made man for any family, but the rewards were very similar. It was all too repetative.
The NPCs, please, provide valuable ones. The only difference being their skills. (Traps/small guns, or lockpick/ energy weapons)
Less generic. Just little things I would like to see. Can't wait.
Spektr

Post by Spektr »

Hello, very much I respect your work, and I wait for yours mod. Whether it is planned to translate it into Russian? Sorry for my bad English.
Ghouly89

Post by Ghouly89 »

Spektr wrote:Hello, very much I respect your work, and I wait for yours mod. Whether it is planned to translate it into Russian? Sorry for my bad English.
At this point, Mutants Rising will only be in English. Of course, that doesn't count out the possibility of someone translating it later :wink: I'm glad you are awating the mod, just stick in there! :boing:
Spektr

Post by Spektr »

Thanks for an early reply. With impatience I will wait for exit MR. I wish successful development.
Ghouly89

Post by Ghouly89 »

Spektr wrote:Thanks for an early reply. With impatience I will wait for exit MR. I wish successful development.
Thanks for asking :run: It's good when people ask questions and communicate with us. As for finally finishing the mod, there will be much focus on getting everything finalized + filling in the gaps from here on out. If the progress counter doesn't move, it's because everything is being run through with a fine-tooth comb to make sure it works - and in the end - it means you are likely getting a better finished product. :lolz:

Since this is the said forum thread, was there anything you would like to see in-game? Now's the time to put it out there :mhmm:
Spektr

Post by Spektr »

Ghouly89 wrote: Since this is the said forum thread, was there anything you would like to see in-game? Now's the time to put it out there :mhmm:
That I would like to see the most important thing in game, it is atmosphere which was in 1, 2 parts Fallout, or similar to it :smil2: And still it would be desirable, that there was a choice, to pass a quest good or bad path.
Ghouly89

Post by Ghouly89 »

Spektr wrote:That I would like to see the most important thing in game, it is atmosphere which was in 1, 2 parts Fallout, or similar to it :smil2: And still it would be desirable, that there was a choice, to pass a quest good or bad path.
That's somethign I would like to see done well, too. The atmosphere of Fallout by far made it the greatest RPG of it's time, maybe even ever :whiu: But yes, MR will have many options for completing quests, whether it be stealth, diplomat, or combat oriented, as well as some "bad" options. :wink:
metalspork

Post by metalspork »

I don't know if this has been covered, but it's something I thought of the other day.

I get really annoyed when I play Fallout and Fallout 2 where, in order to get out of a town, you have to walk through multiple green grids in order to get to an exit grid. If possible, it'd be really nice to try to have an exit grid in each map section... Unless, of course, you're underground on in the middle of a town or blahblahblah :run:
batterpillar

Post by batterpillar »

I would like to see :

Harold (Its Fallout. Harold has to be there.)

Gauss Rifle (See above)

A glock 10mm longslide

Nudity

The Joker from the Dark Knight

Lots of Monty Python References

S&W model 500 and 454 casull

Tim and Eric Awesome show references.

LOTS AND LOTS of cool graffiti! ( I love Graffiti )
Dude101

Post by Dude101 »

.Pixote. wrote:Sounds like a Prosper list... :nin:
I think s/he is joking. To bad the old forum is gone, you would love the thread on the "This IS SPARTA" encounter someone wanted.
batterpillar

Post by batterpillar »

MeatDog-A dog made from meat. Dogmeats evil nemesis.

a half life reference crow bar

Boomer Bile

CatMeat-A feline companion

Food-Ramen Noodles
Texas Pete Hotsauce
Taco Bell Firesauce packets
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
Peanut Butter and Peanut Butter Sandwich

Strange Encounters
A dream about your own death that you wake up from.
A wedge of cheese that screams profanities

(Sexual Content)
Fleshlight
Real Doll
Latex Suit
The AMERICAN CHALLENGE (dildo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdaPbZ6j8zI

Bubble Wrap