Mutants Rising for Mac

Questions, opinions or general chatter regarding MR.

Mutants Rising for Mac

Postby Anale on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:17 pm

Is the mod going to be able to run on the Mac version of Fallout 2 or is a Windows version required? If this has been covered somewhere already, please direct me to it. Thanks.
Anale

Re: Mutants Rising for Mac

Postby cp on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:21 pm

Is the mod going to be able to run on the Mac version of Fallout 2 or is a Windows version required? If this has been covered somewhere already, please direct me to it. Thanks.

This is not something that we have even discussed internally. I believe we are all using MR on windows pc's. (though someone on the team may not be so they may join in the conversation later).

I don't use a mac / nor do I have access to one. We may offer mac support towards the end of the development if it is popular.

I have added the request to our internal list of things to look into. :run:
cp

Postby Anale on Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:30 pm

Just to update on this I haven't really been able to get the demo to work. The main menu and loading pictures / videos are changed but as soon as I finish character creation the starting cutscene from Fallout 2 plays and then my character appears in the center of a completely black screen and an error message saying:

"The instruction at 0000028f referenced memory at 0000028f
The memory could not be written

Click on OK to terminate the application"

I'll keep trying to get it to work but I'm not really the best person for it. Just for a bit of background I'm using WINE with what I believe is the patched (it says 1.1 on the main menu before I install Mutants Rising) Windows version of the game.
Anale

Postby Lexx on Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:20 pm

This can be either due to the Mac being unable to read the patch000.dat's content or because Sfall doesn't work. Sfall is a windows thing and without it, quite a few features won't work anymore in any case.
Lexx

Return to Mutants Rising