Returning from the Wasteland

want to be part of MR?
slunk3am

Returning from the Wasteland

Post by slunk3am »

Hello.

My name is John - and I used to be part of the NWS dev team for MR, oh around 10 years ago. Is there anybody on the team that still remembers me? Eimink? SteveNorth? Kahgan? Anyone?

I am interested in helping again - and would love to be accepted back into this family.

Happy to see this project is still alive!
Soda

Re: Returning from the Wasteland

Post by Soda »

Hey Slunk3am,

I can only speak for myself cause I'm kinda new to MR (well, 1.5 years already :nin: ) but I'm sure the team will be very glad to welcome you again. Your excellent tracks have been put in good use :wink:

I'm afraid that the old guards of MR have retired but Chris, Ardent or Equilerex should grant you access anytime soon!
slunk3am

Post by slunk3am »

Aguirre wrote:Hey Slunk3am,

I can only speak for myself cause I'm kinda new to MR (well, 1.5 years already :nin: ) but I'm sure the team will be very glad to welcome you again. Your excellent tracks have been put in good use :wink:

I'm afraid that the old guards of MR have retired but Chris, Ardent or Equilerex should grant you access anytime soon!
Aww sweet. Happy that my work is still there.

Sad that a lot of my old pals are gone, but excited to meet new ones. I've gotten better at my craft as well, so in case more BGM is needed... I'm always willing to lay it down when I have time. I didn't have work back then... so I had lots of time. Now Im busy but sure I can still contribute.

I appreciate the awesome welcome Aguirre.
ardent

Post by ardent »

slunk3am wrote:My name is John - and I used to be part of the NWS dev team for MR, oh around 10 years ago. [...] I am interested in helping again - and would love to be accepted back into this family.
Welcome back! Access granted :smil2:
Is there anybody on the team that still remembers me? Eimink? SteveNorth? Kahgan? Anyone?
They all have member accounts around here, but we haven't seen them in a while. But Altrawave7, CP and Dude101 are still with us, I'm not sure whether they were around at the same time as you?
I've gotten better at my craft as well, so in case more BGM is needed... I'm always willing to lay it down when I have time.
Awesome! Although we're doing quite well on the soundtrack level, I have a couple of ideas where we could use some new tracks. :boing:
slunk3am

Post by slunk3am »

ardent wrote:
slunk3am wrote:My name is John - and I used to be part of the NWS dev team for MR, oh around 10 years ago. [...] I am interested in helping again - and would love to be accepted back into this family.
Welcome back! Access granted :smil2:
Is there anybody on the team that still remembers me? Eimink? SteveNorth? Kahgan? Anyone?
They all have member accounts around here, but we haven't seen them in a while. But Altrawave7, CP and Dude101 are still with us, I'm not sure whether they were around at the same time as you?
I've gotten better at my craft as well, so in case more BGM is needed... I'm always willing to lay it down when I have time.
Awesome! Although we're doing quite well on the soundtrack level, I have a couple of ideas where we could use some new tracks. :boing:
Great - shoot me your ideas and lets see where we go from there! Thanks for access. Appreciate it!
Dude101

Post by Dude101 »

You were gone when I joined, but I remember you from the old forum. Welcome back :boing:
slunk3am

Post by slunk3am »

Dude101 wrote:You were gone when I joined, but I remember you from the old forum. Welcome back :boing:
Cool - thanks! Looking forward to this again!
AltraWave7

Post by AltraWave7 »

slunk3am wrote:Hello.

My name is John - and I used to be part of the NWS dev team for MR, oh around 10 years ago. Is there anybody on the team that still remembers me? Eimink? SteveNorth? Kahgan? Anyone?

I am interested in helping again - and would love to be accepted back into this family.

Happy to see this project is still alive!
I do in fact remember you, and still have four or five of the tracks you made for us back in the day.

Welcome back! :mhmm:

(I know it's a bit belated, but hey what can I say)

Altra
"Working To Build A Better Wasteland!"
Demostrike

Post by Demostrike »

How's the scripting going? :)

Hello to anyone here who remembers me also - was more of a lurker before (and too young to really be of use). I did a tiny tiny amount of mapping (insignificant I might add) back when I was still being schooled, got to know SNorth (and bought his book! ;) ), Snake, WQ, Trolle, eimink, mad (did I briefly talk to you CP? I remember you at the very least and admire your work). It's quite possible I remember everyone and I was not remembered!

Summary:
Full time job now - got regular free time. Miss Fallout...

...but the more interesting bit is I'm now a fully qualified software engineer (C++, C#, Java, you name it) so if you need help scripting... ;)

If you're unsure I can PM you my résumé!
Demostrike, once known by the name of Gameshark.
ardent

Post by ardent »

Hey, welcome to MR!
Demostrike wrote:How's the scripting going? :)
Now that we have some actual dialogue that needs scripting, it's going quite well, thank you :smil2:
Hello to anyone here who remembers me also - was more of a lurker before (and too young to really be of use). I did a tiny tiny amount of mapping (insignificant I might add) back when I was still being schooled, got to know SNorth (and bought his book! ;) ), Snake, WQ, Trolle, eimink, mad (did I briefly talk to you CP? I remember you at the very least and admire your work). It's quite possible I remember everyone and I was not remembered!
I admit, I've never heard of you, so I had to search your posts over at NMA, but I'm justified, I only joined in 2010 :tongue:
Summary:
Full time job now - got regular free time. Miss Fallout...
...but the more interesting bit is I'm now a fully qualified software engineer (C++, C#, Java, you name it) so if you need help scripting... ;)
Sounds tempting. Fallout uses a slightly different scripting language - apparently it's a mix of Pascal and C, but if you know C++ et al., you'll grasp it no problems, although it might look verbose to you at first. Keep lurking - I'll talk to Chris and PM you with some more news.
If you're unsure I can PM you my résumé!
No worries, that won't be necessary :wink:
Demostrike

Post by Demostrike »

Sounds great! **digs hole to lurk in**
Demostrike

Post by Demostrike »

*sets up tent and campfire* :-)
AltraWave7

Post by AltraWave7 »

Demostrike is that the same name you used back in the day, or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Seeing all these old school members popping up reminds me of when I first joined MR, why in those days we didn't have all this fancy...

...oh sorry. Carry on. :lolz:

Altra
Demostrike

Post by Demostrike »

Was Gameshark then Demostrike :)
why in those days we didn't have all this fancy...
Back in the days of hack and hope? There is now a wiki...with everything on...its amazing... :run:
AltraWave7

Post by AltraWave7 »

Demostrike wrote:Was Gameshark then Demostrike :)
why in those days we didn't have all this fancy...
Back in the days of hack and hope? There is now a wiki...with everything on...its amazing... :run:
That's right, now I remember! :boing:

I remember when ColJack wrote those first 'How To' guides for ladders and elevators...

...so long ago. :ummm:

Altra
cp

Post by cp »

Hey Demostrike,

Yes, I believe we did overlap for some time - at least I remember the name more than just a piece of history.

NIce that some of the original old team are coming out of the woodwork - in fact I think everyone includingt Trolle have popped up from time to time!