How can I help?

want to be part of MR?
Magenti

How can I help?

Post by Magenti »

Hey guys,

Believe it or not, once upon a time, several years ago, I helped run Mutants Rising with team members like SNorth, WildQwerty, mad and others.
I had to leave the project as work was taking up way too much time and I have to admit I did it fairly badly, ie said bye then left and left everyone hanging.

How can I help you?
I can assist with paying for coders, getting mutantsrising.com back which appearently Trolle did not renew and other things.

Oh, I am actually one of the few that did the big donation to Wasteland 2 so I will meet Brian Fargo, I will definently mention Mutants Rising. Assuming you let me help, lets get this game up and ready.

Let me know if its interesting and what I can do! My email is tim@magenti.se.
Dude101

Re: How can I help?

Post by Dude101 »

Hi again, as I recall you were going to make in game movies for us back in 09, and you were known by another name before that :whiu: :

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewto ... ht=magenti

Your intro came off vaguely as a threat by the way: "Let me in or Brian wont be hearing about you". I'm just saying mate. Congrats on the donation though, it is worth the 10k.
cp

Post by cp »

Believe it or not, once upon a time, several years ago, I helped run Mutants Rising with team members like SNorth, WildQwerty, mad and others.
Your name is definitely familiar - though weren't you known as Snake back then ? :mhmm:
How can I help you?
I can assist with paying for coders, getting mutantsrising.com back which appearently Trolle did not renew and other things.
Well, we need talking heads / some movies / dialogue writers to name but a few things... Eimink was making some heads for us, but doesn't have a great deal of free time at the moment sadly.
Regarding the old domain - we don't really need it. SOme time ago, recovering all the lost files would have been useful, but we've moved much further beyond that now.
I will definently mention Mutants Rising. Assuming you let me help,
So... you won't mention us if we can't find anything for you to do? Regardless, I'm sure he's aware of MR.

I'll have a word with ardent on monday and see what things are most pressing.
Dude101

Post by Dude101 »

cp wrote:
I will definently mention Mutants Rising. Assuming you let me help,
So... you won't mention us if we can't find anything for you to do? Regardless, I'm sure he's aware of MR.
Most of those guys know about us already. Chris Avellone said MR was a "worthy project".
Magenti

Post by Magenti »

Oo.. that came out wrong. Definently not ment as a threat to get into MR again, my mistake. I ment I could mention it to him if you wanted me too. No idea why I wrote it that way.

As for heads and stuff, I dont really have the time nor the skill to help with that, what I could do is help find qualified people for it if there are available and stuff like that. Getting back mutantsrising.com would be nice.

I went by Mr Snake back then but this is 3-4 years ago already. At the time work was consuming me and time was not my friend nor was the urge to work. But since Wasteland 2 I came to think of you guys and the fact that you are still working on the site.

Is Snorth still active? He wrote some very good, that I recall, content and really put some effort into it. I still have his first published book which he signed for me.

Anyways, so, if I can help I will, but in the way I mentioned and definently do not invite me to anything if you feel like I am only doing it to gain something out of it other than pride over a project going so far.
Equilerex
Site Admin

Post by Equilerex »

Magenti wrote:
How can I help you?
I can assist with getting mutantsrising.com back which appearently Trolle did not renew and other things.
not possible, some vultures stole it the second it went back to the market and in so they could sell it back for ridiculous sum of money... not worth it, were almost back on the same level of traffic as before :nin:

Im sure that the guys will have a look if they can find you smth to do, ardent's back on moday as cp said so you should get some news around then :boing:
cp

Post by cp »

As for heads and stuff, I dont really have the time nor the skill to help with that, what I could do is help find qualified people for it if there are available and stuff like that.
Well, you can have a go if you'd like - we have scoured various fora and asked many people for help but there aren't many people with the time and skill to make heads for an outdated game.
Is Snorth still active? He wrote some very good, that I recall, content and really put some effort into it. I still have his first published book which he signed for me.
SNorth left many years ago now. He needed more time for his work / book writing and didn't feel he could contribute further to the project. He is definitely missed, as is wild_qwerty. Me and SNorth rran the project for a while when I first took over.
.Pixote.

Post by .Pixote. »

It would have been nice if Magenti had thrown the 10,000 our way. :ugly:

I'm cautious in allowing new members unless they prove themselves (not monetarily), but talent. I think we need writers, Jinx can't be expected to do it all, though I will say he is a great writer. The art side and mapping side are OK (after the RP is done, and a few life activities finished I'll jump right back into it), sure having more talking heads would be great, but the amount of time needed to fix the lip files makes it difficult, not to mention voice acting. More scriptors would be a blessing, can Magenti script?. :mhmm:
Magenti

Post by Magenti »

Thanks for the invite.

I cant script, I suck at headmaking and I have little time to do writing allthough I would be happy to try.

Back when I ran MR, before I, just like in Snorths case, had to leave due to some serious horrible working conditions, I did mapmaking, had my go at the 3d head and also did a bit of content writing. I have never coded, not personally or professionally.

I am sure I can scrounge some people up for it if I make it worth their while though, hopefully.